Saturday, October 24, 2009

Homemade Oreos...mmm

Levi's mom's favorite holiday is Halloween. The past few years she has done a Halloween dinner with themed food. I made these delicious homemade oreos this year...I can't wait to share them tomorrow. Or wait, do I really want to share?? :)
I got the recipe from my friend Kelli and took the liberty of adding the food coloring to make them more festive and the bonus is they were super easy!



2 boxes devil's food cake mix
4 eggs - slightly beaten
2/3 c. vegetable oil

Bake @ 350 for 8 min

Filling:
4 oz. cream cheese - softened
1/4 c. butter - softened
2 1/2 c. powder sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Pipe onto cooled off cookies

Just a couple of minutes before the cookies are done in the oven, take a spatula and flatten them out. Also, I don't have any type of piping utensils, so I just put the filling in a ziploc bag and cut off the corner to squeeze it through. Enjoy!

0 comments: